top of page
- Thu 24 Oct24ThuOctTips for DNA TestingOct 24, 2019, 7:30 PMKane County Genealogical Society, 113 South Third Street, Geneva, IL 60134, USAUse of DNA test results to advance genealogical research has exploded in the past few years. This presentation will offer suggestions and guidelines for best utilizing this new tool.
- Sat 19 Oct19SatOctDNA 101 - A Genealogist's New ToolOct 19, 2019, 1:00 PMCrete Public Library District, 1177 Main St, Crete, IL 60417, USADNA is one more piece of evidence to use to discover and help prove your family history.
- Sat 12 Oct12SatOctResearching Colonial American AncestorsOct 12, 2019, 1:00 PMNorthbrook History Museum, 1776 Walters Ave., Northbrook, ILDid your ancestor live in one of the Original Thirteen Colonies? Were they here before the Revolutionary War? If so you possibly have Colonial American Ancestors. Find out what records are available and where they are, so you can learn about your Colonial American Ancestors.
- Thu 10 Oct10ThuOctIntroduction to Using GEDmatchOct 10, 2019, 7:00 PMTinley Park Public Library, 7851 Timber Dr, Tinley Park, IL 60477, USAWant to play in more than one DNA pool? Use utilities not available with some DNA testing companies? With GEDmatch you can match people from other testing companies, make chromosome comparisons that may not be available where you tested, and have access to advanced tools.
- Tue 08 Oct08TueOctProbate Records: Looking Beyond the WillOct 08, 2019, 7:30 PMSchaumburg Township District Library, 130 South Roselle Road Schaumburg, IL 60193Probate records were probably generated upon your Ancestor’s death even if they didn’t have a will. Estate settlements and sales, receipts or cancelled checks, property transfers, guardianships and more provide clues to understanding your ancestor or identify an elusive one.
- Fri 13 Sep13FriSepAncestryDNA WorkshopSep 13, 2019, 1:00 PMSt Charles Public Library, 1 S 6th Ave, St. Charles, IL 60174, USAYou spit in the tube, mailed it to Ancestry, and now you have your AncestryDNA® results...what do they mean? How do you get more out of that list of DNA Matches?
- Tue 02 Jul02TueJulGetting the Most Out of Your AncestryDNAJul 02, 2019, 2:00 PMGail Borden Public District Main Library, 270 N Grove Ave, Elgin, IL 60120, USAYou spit in the tube, mailed it to Ancestry, and now you have your AncestryDNA® results...now what?
bottom of page